Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Many news...

Well, where to start?

I got tired of waiting for the GP2x Wiz release and bought a GP2x F200 instead. It's an amazing console. I'm addicted to Sega Megadrive emulation. I can now play Dune, Sensible Soccer, Golden Axe, etc... I'm just sad in that I was porting UFO: Enemy Unknown to it and someone got ahead of me... oh, well. Let's port X-COM: Terror From The Deep instead. :D

I bought a crossbow pistol for christmas, so that I get a rest from computers and can do a little target practice. :)


I also bought a media player. A SmartQ T5-II. It has an amazing autonomy and I can play emulated games with it when I have spare time. It beats smoking any day. :)

On a last note. OpenCL 1.0 has been ratified and I'm looking forward to use it. I think it will revolutionize some applications. It is just a shame that integer calculations are not supported. :P

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess I'm the only geek enough person you know to comment on this post... well.. I'm also excited on the openCL launch :D Hope you stop inhaling smoke so you get more effective doing what you're best at!

Unknown said...

About the integer calculations, those are supported as long as the hardware supports them. Since the GPUs I know fo not have these implemented in hardware, there is actually nothing to do about it :)

Regards

Nês said...

E que tal actualizares o blog? ;)

doioooooooooooooo-te

beijinhos da tua nês

Pedro Caleiro said...

Actualizado :)

@Jacek: You can always round the results. :D (I know, it wouldn't replace integer clamping)